Never Beg For Love




There was this guy who asked me out during my undergraduate days in the University he would have been any girl's dream man, but not mine. From my first to final year, and even after graduation he kept asking and got the same reply a huge 'NO' but brother was not having it, and saw me as a cold stone ice queen. He became persistent as the years rolled by and got same old reply.

 A few years ago he was forward about what he wanted; something serious that would last a life time, and how he would like us to start a family and grow old together, well I told him it was not going to work out that I have never felt what he felt, and did not see myself sharing that emotion in the nearest future he started begging and was on the verge of crying, but I made him understand that even If I were to accept his proposal he would never be a happy man, and love was a strong emotion to beg for or compel, and if not careful someone might take advantage of his emotion and hurt him.

I made it clear to him that he was going to be hurt, heart broken and even hate me (which he did for a short while) but he deserved someone who was willing  to share the same emotion with him, someone who was ready to start a family with him not out of pity, but love. As expected he was hurt and heart broken, but as painful as it was he saw my point today we are good friends and he is engaged to a lovely lady that loves him.

My point here is do not beg to be loved, know when your time is up, know when the ship is not sailing in the same direction, pay attention to little details, know the time to reasonably draw the line between effort and moving on, do not force yourself on someone that think less of you, worst kind of feeling is for someone to date you, marry you out of pity trust me you'll be miserable all through your life, if someone treats you like they are doing you being favour married or in a relationship with you then there is a problem somewhere. Love is a natural phenomenon and should not be forced or begged.

Comments

My thoughts

How To Become A Better Partner in Your Relationship

6 Ways to Revive Your Fizzling Relationship

3 Types of Couples

6 Signs you're the Selfish Partner

How the Smartphone is Gradually Ruining your Relationship

Tech Safety for Domestic Violence Survivors

Sixteen Round

Tips: Effective Ways to Improve Communication in Relationship