My Tricky Blind Date





My loved ones and trusted acquaintances can tell that I'm one of the few persons not interested in blind dates and online dates. But I got set up with a friend of my friend who just got back to the country from Belgium. I thought she was going to talk me to death about how perfect he was for me, how smart, his love for good music, nature and literature. {did i mention she said he was well travelled?} I finally gave in because already I had no serious plan for this friend of hers, and only wanted to drown my loneliness after breaking up with my boyfriend and I was all about making new friends since we share the same circle of friends. And maybe this blind date could result into something huge her excitement showed she already thought of herself as the world's number one match maker.

As date night approached she spurred into action from shopping for the perfect dress to taking me to the saloon she was taking the entire planning to another level, and felt I was meeting with Mr president as my expectations increased.

Finally date night came,and I was anxious more out of curiosity, and didn't think anything could possibly go wrong I took a cab to our meeting point I had picked out a Chinese restaurant at Utako {he asked my friend to tell me to pick a place} since I had been there with my colleagues a few months back and the service was excellent. On my way I got a call from my friend telling me how happy she was for me the drive took forever, and I twiddled my thumbs all through. When finally I saw the sign of  the restaurant where the meeting had been arranged I saw my date waiting for me, and recognized  him immediately I saw him, even though we never exchanged pictures or spoke on phone.

 As I stepped out of the cab he approached me and his handsome face broke into the most beautiful smile I have ever seen, when he spoke his voice was crisp and important, after the formal greetings and a minute of awkward silence that always appears between two people who don't know each other well enough he led me into the restaurant to a table that has been reserved, and pulled out a chair for me, immediately I felt a hand on my shoulder turning around I met a familiar face, that of my ex, behind him was my friend 'the great connector', two of  his friends I recognized and my supposed date he started pleading and apologizing telling me how empty his life had been without me with his side kicks doing same. Was I hallucinating? I remember all what he was saying and just thinking this is a dream someone will wake me up from the dream, well that never happened. All the surrounding table had seen the entire drama and were craning their neck to look at me and why five other people were pleading with  me.

I don't know what got into head, but I gave my ex a hard push, and he crashed into a nearby table as I walked out of the restaurant trying to quell the crazy beating of my heart, thinking aloud to myself at least she was right about one thing my ex had just returned from Belgium, and he was well travelled.










Comments

My thoughts

How To Become A Better Partner in Your Relationship

6 Ways to Revive Your Fizzling Relationship

3 Types of Couples

6 Signs you're the Selfish Partner

How the Smartphone is Gradually Ruining your Relationship

Tech Safety for Domestic Violence Survivors

Sixteen Round

Tips: Effective Ways to Improve Communication in Relationship